вторник, 15 декабря 2015 г.

How far can you go?


First time I talked to someone who knew how to use a magic thing called brain was my father, and first we talked maturely when I was 7. We were talking about chess and about some life stuff that was so strange for me back in 2006. And even then I was thinking about religion, asking questions but not getting the answers. Later I realized that nobody has the answers, so about a year or two later, after a lot of time I was thinking about religion, and the cause of people believed in something, which existence was not proved I became an atheist.
So, at the age of 9 my father sent me an encyclopedia in Russian and I started reading about our body and brain construction (still remember that the most interesting chapter was the chapter about visual delusions) and started talking to a lot of people that knew a lot about human body and brain I was lucky I have an uncle who is a doctor, and a father who knows a lot about religion, chemistry and physics, so I could satisfy my curiosity.
Some time later, after 7 books about science, 0.3 books of a delirium called religion, 2 books about art, a book of history of machines and guns and 3 books which helped in improving my English a lot, I’ve got a thing called internet. Well, I didn’t actually know what to do with it, but I knew how to download games and some applications, like Adobe Photoshop 2.0. I downloaded 2 games about Pink Panther which once again helped me to improve my Russian. So, I could speak Russian as well. My Russian was really-really bad, but at least I could talk to human beings from another point of the earth. So I started to talk to a lot of Russians. Actually at the age of 5 I already knew Russian and could understand as well, but I couldn’t talk in Russian as slightly as now or when I was 13, so. Yeah.
Now a bit about my English progress way. So I was a 9 years old kid, I was at the third grade, all the school stuff was really boring, and I still remember that I was arguing with our art teacher. Once when I was watching TV, I saw a strange-looking family. The TV series called The Simpsons was broadcasted in English with English subtitles. My mother knew English well, so she translated for me a couple of series, after which I associated Lisa with me, and started learning English to understand that wonderful TV series. I had the best English teacher in the world, her name was miss Esta. Pity I don’t know her full name, we just called her miss Esta. Lusine MLKE and me knew English better than the others in our class, so I was in competition with her all the time, but she was way better than me. So I was trying harder. Well, it appeared I talked to people in English as well. My English knowledge were pathetic, but I had stimulation: I had a goal and I wasn’t going to surrender.
At the age of 10 I saw Lisa playing saxophone, and I really liked that musical instrument, so I’ve entered musical school and started my saxophone classes. I liked the instrument a lot, so I wasn’t going to leave my musical hobby on the halfway. Some time later I’ve found a guy in our school who also went to saxophone classes, sometimes I talked to him about… Guess what? If you didn’t you probably have some brain defects. Sorry for that.
…So, now I had a nice circle of communication, and the internet, so I could find out anything I want. I was reading a lot about some science stuff. At the age of 14 I started to read about psychology, and that was a period when being a psychology expert and everybody went like “OH. MY. GOD. Did you see that?! He scratched his neck! What could it mean?! It’s impossible that his neck was just itchy, I think he is going to hack pentagon servers and kill the president of the USA. Damn I’m smart.”. Later I started to read more about neurobiology and learning by heart properties of some hormones like dopamine, serotonin and other neurotransmitters. And this is the way of my progress. A little percentage of it, because I didn’t talk about all the books that I have read like Richard Dawkin’s The God Delusion or Dante Alighieri’s The Divine Comedy.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий